Rumble Teams! Now that the competition is over, we hope you continue to polish and expand your entries. If you choose to do so, there are a few housecleaning tasks and things you should know to continue development.
- The embargo on pushing code to your deployment is over. Any bug fixes, new features, etc. — fair game for deployment now.
- The virtual private servers provided for the Rails Rumble by Linode will be shut down on November 16th. To continue using your VPS, you need to make arrangements with Linode. See below.
- The GitHub accounts supplied to each team will also be reclaimed. You should migrate your source code to your own GitHub account or other source control. The date Rumble accounts supplied by GitHub are to be reclaimed is yet to be determined, but we recommend you do this before November 30th.
- If you would like your team's r08.railsrumble.com subdomain to resolve to a new IP address or domain, just send us an email. We recommend you register your own domain and configure your webserver to do a 301 (Moved Permanently) redirect on the r08.railsrumble.com subdomain — your page rank will thank you.
Finally, if you are planning to open source your app, please send us an email at organizers (at) railsrumble (dawt) com. We're going to be publishing a post on open sourced rumble apps in the coming weeks.
Keeping Your Linode
Linode is offering two months free following one paid month on any of their hosting plans until December 31st for all of the Rumble teams. To take advantage of this promotion and keep your app hosted at Linode, you have to do one of two things:
- Open a Linode support ticket from your Rails Rumble account and ask to be "converted" to the plan of your choice. You can do this until November 16th.
- Sign up as a new customer and use the promotion code found in the "Special Offers" area of your user profile on the Rails Rumble site. The promotion code is valid until December 31st.
If you have already signed up for a Linode but have not received the promotional offer, open a support ticket to request the credit.